RECENT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
• Capital Ambition – Smartran has undertaken a number of assignments for the London Councils. Most recently, we have undertaken the London Card Feasibility Study Report. Previously we have investigated cost and business case report for smart cards in library and leisure, the business case for school cashless catering and Your London Card design including numbering & web-services.
• Business Partner for Waltham Forest, delivering replacement cash collection application on their OneCard for housing, council tax and other services – on time and on budget. Phase 2 has seen the OneCard extended to 3 secondary schools as part of the BSF schools programme.
• First Group – Smartran provided consultancy and technical support to bids for rail franchises including introduction of ITSO based smart ticketing & settlement
• Lewisham Resident card - initial launch for Looked after Children and school students (BSF programme).
• London Borough of Hillingdon Resident card – Smartran was responsible for design and implementation support for the successful Hillingdon First Card with applications for parking, loyalty and libraries.
• Assertis – Consultancy assistance in the development and launch of online ticketing system.
• Implementing & Supporting the Chester Charisma smart card initiative using NSCP Smart Card software
• Smartran has facilitated a number of smart card workshops for local authorities focusing on customer centric thinking, as part of the ODPM’s e-government initiative. Workshops were held at locations throughout the UK and include system design and experience sharing sessions.
• Strategic Report for the DFT on a national back office financial clearing infrastructure
• National Smart Card Project outputs repository and CDROM (ODPM)
• Technical review of supplier solutions for an ITSO accredited scheme
• Developing and conducting Local Authority Smart Card workshops as part of the ODPM e-Gov Initiative
• Research report on Local Authority statuses and issues with regard to Priority Service Outcome-G12 for SEFEG
• Project managing the renewal of Ticket on Departure for UK rail
• Requirements analysis and accreditation/testing consultation to RSP
• Project Management for extension of Ticket on Departure
As part of these and other projects Smartran has been involved with the specification of an ITSO back office, smart card system security, multi-model transport ticketing, e-money, payment systems, software supplier audits, e-government and clearing & settlement systems.
Smartran has undertaken the management and co-ordination of dissemination of output from the National smart card Project (NSCP). This work has involved co-ordination of editorial panel work, progress tracking, management reporting, co-ordination of suppliers creating CD and web-based output channels and overall documentation control. The completed output has been delivered by CD and web extranet to scope, budget and schedule by all the suppliers being managed.
Congratulations to Tramlink Nottingham and Nottingham Trams who won 4 Light Rail awards in 2014
Confidex, the world's leading supplier of contactless fare media, has been selected by Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT), which owns and operates the Glasgow Subway, to supply a large volume of contactless ITSO smart tickets to replace magnetic stripe tickets currently in use across the underground system... Read More
At the pre-xmas Transport Card Forum meeting, Kevin provided a short update on the potential for low cost smart tickets. Read More...
Kevin Farquharson is currently working as project manager and on acceptance for Nottingham Trams who will introduce off-tram ticketing in 2013. Read More...
Smartran is delighted to welcome smart ticketing industry expert Peter Tomlinson to the team. Read More...
Smartran is delighted to announce the expansion of a proven reward scheme to incentivise volunteers in your community and introduce real financial incentives to health and wellbeing programmes. We invite you to register your interest to ensure you receive our launch offers and guarantee of best terms as the scheme matures. Read More...
Smartran has been awarded a framework contract for the provision of ITSO technical consultancy support services to Local Authorities and Transport Operators in the South West of England. Read More...
London Councils and Capital Ambition chose Smartran to
investigate the introduction of a
Pan-London Resident Card.
Assertis chose Smartran to advise on implementation of new transport web ticketing solution Read more...
London Borough of Waltham Forest has completed over four year of operational support of their resident card scheme, Smartran, the smart card specialist company responsible for the successful launch of the scheme, and London Borough of Waltham Forest agreed a new contract to the borough resident card scheme in 2009, the OneCard. Read more...
Smartran successfully deliver feasibility study into a Youth Access card for London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Read more...
Novacroft chose Smartran to advise on implementation of transport smart ticketing solution Read more...
| News | Press & Reports | Contact Us |